Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Oh Percocet.

Truth is so illusive nowadays. Well I guess it always was. But to me exclusively I suppose.
Is anything completely true through and through? and if you BELIEVE something to be true does it, eventually, become true?
I have a huge sore on my lip unfortunately and I had to take some percocet (HUGE BUMMER i know).
As I took a swig of water and swallowed the blessed acetaminophen, I hated you. Because hating you is like me drinking poison and waiting for it to kill you. It doesn't of course. but it slowly disintegrates me.
My bitterness,isn't the cliched chains, prison, or consistent weight thing, consuming me slowly though.
It's like a cricket stuck in my skull.
It's silent most of the time, I usually forget it's there.
Until, at most inconvenient of times, it starts chirping.
And it takes every ounce of whatever is good left in me to drown it out. Because sometimes everything in me just wants to sit back, relax, and listen. like its a grand symphony of justified truth and noble sacrifice.

leave me alone.

1 comment:

  1. the cricket comparison is so much more accurate than the chains and whatnot. I love this so much. (and I'm jealous that you acquired more percocet).

    ReplyDelete